Welcome to Mrs. Rok's Health Room!
Hours: 7:15 A.M. - 2 P.M.
Phone: (508) 336-0311 ext. 119
Please call or email any health concerns or updates.
Important New Laws Regarding Head Injuries
The Massachusetts Dept. of Health has released new laws regarding Head Injuries and Concussions in Extracurricular Athletic Activities. It is extremely important that any student who has a suspected head injury from participating in school activities be evaluated by a health professional and refrain from participation until cleared by a physician.
Please review the complete law and contact Mrs. Rok with any questions.
Information about MRSA:
MRSA and staph infections are spread by direct skin-to-skin contact or other direct contact with the skin of another person. Staph is also spread by contact with items that have been touched by people with staph, like towels shared after bathing and drying off, or shared athletic equipment in gym or on the field.
What should I do if I think I have a staph infection?
How are MRSA infections treated?
Prevention of staph infection and MRSA
References: www.mass.gov/dph; www.cdc.gov/mrsa
All medications, Epi-pens, inhalers and necessary medical supplies are due in to the health room on the first day of school. Appropriate forms are required to administer medications. See attached forms for prescribed medications, over-the-counter medications, physicals, and nursing care plans.
* Authorization for prescription medication (**REQUIRED for any medication given during school hours)
* Asthma action plan
* Cardiac disorder action plan
* Diabetes care plan
* Massachusetts Physical Exam form (optional-may use form from private physician)
* Medication care plan (for non-medical person to dispense medication)
* MIAA Sports Medical form (optional for sports; required if physical is performed by the school doctor)
* Migraine action plan
* Over-the-Counter Medication form
* Seizure disorder: Action Plan form; Observation Record; Questionnaire for Parent
* Severe allergy (Epi-pen): Permission form; Action Plan form;
Parent questionnaire; Physician questionnaire